Welcome to the St. Mary Choir and Orchestra Catholic School Library Website!
Here you can find access to the Library Catalogue and stay up to date on what is happening within the School's Library Learning Commons, a space for collaboration and full of resources to support student success.
Library News and Events
The Scholastic Virtual Book Fair has arrived at St. Mary Choir & Orchestra Catholic School!
From February 14th-27th, the school is hosting a virtual book fair. To visit the fair, click the following link:
All proceeds earn rewards that the school uses to purchase books and other materials for the students.
Any purchases under $40 made on Wednesday evening will qualify for free shipping!
Thank-you for your support!
Silver Birch Fiction Award Program
This year, interested students can participate in the Forest or Reading© Silver Birch Fiction Award Program. To participate in the program students have a few deadlines to meet:
- Sign up for the program with me by the end of January - either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person when I get to visit your classes again in the next few weeks.
- Commit to reading 5 of the 10 books nominated for the Silver Birch Award by voting day - they can be ebooks, audio books or physical books and can come from the school library, public library, or own personal collection if own it! The choice is up to you!
- Vote for your favourite book the week of April 16th
- Wait for the winner to be announced in May!
LDCSB Library Mission Statement
To provide access to a variety of informational resources to support the curriculum, foster a love for reading, and ensure the school community is effective users of information for learning and for leisure.
LDCSB School Library Goals
- Educate students on the functionality, organization and purpose of libraries so that they can be library users for life
- Demonstrate how to research with purpose and process
- Promote and foster a love for reading for pleasure and learning
- Develop library collections that encompass a variety of formats to support Catholic Graduate Expectations
- Facilitate the use of technology for learning, research and communication